The views expressed on this website, related social media accounts and associated communities, including the Discord server, are personal opinions only and should not be construed as financial advice for your given situation. While all attempts are made to present accurate information, it may not be appropriate for your specific circumstances and information may become outdated over time.
Women’s Personal Finance does not assume any liability with regard to financial results based on the use of the information provided on the website or the associated community spaces. Furthermore, advertisers, commenters, and linked sites are solely responsible for their views and content – which do not necessarily represent the views of Women’s Personal Finance.
All information presented is for informational and entertainment purposes. Women’s Personal Finance is not responsible for how you use any information presented in any of our spaces, or information that is shared by another user of our spaces.
Free Product/Service and Affiliate Disclosure
We may receive free products, services, or other compensation from companies in exchange for mentioning them on the Service. When we receive free products, services, or other compensation, we will disclose it within the content where the recommendation is made.
Some of the links on our website or in our online communities and spaces are affiliate links. This means that we may earn a commission if you click on the link and make a purchase. We only recommend products or services that we believe will add value to our members and that we have personally used or thoroughly researched.
Please note that we have not been given any free products, services, or anything else by these companies in exchange for mentioning them on the Service. The only consideration is in the form of affiliate commissions. We recommend that you do your own independent research before purchasing any product or service mentioned on the Service.
This free product/service and affiliate disclosure applies to all links and content on the Service, including but not limited to links in our online communities and spaces.
Women’s Personal Finance takes your privacy seriously and does not track additional information beyond routine information collected by most web servers. Note that you can change your browser settings to disable cookies if you have privacy concerns. Disabling cookies for all sites is not recommended as it may interfere with your use of some sites.
Women’s Personal Finance does not have any control over the privacy and security of third party websites that may be linked.
Information We Collect
We collect information about you when you use the Service, including:
- Information you provide to us: We collect information that you provide to us when you create an account, participate in discussions, or otherwise interact with the Service. This may include your name, email address, and any other personal or sensitive information that you choose to share with us.
- Information we collect automatically: When you use the Service, we may collect certain information automatically, such as your IP address, device type, browser type, operating system, and information about your usage of the Service. We may also collect location information if you have enabled location services on your device.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect about you to:
- Provide and improve the Service: We use your information to provide and improve the Service, including by personalizing your experience and providing content that is tailored to your interests.
- When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
- For users that register on our website (via Memberful or Flodesk (or other email management system)), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
- Communicate with you: We may use your information to send you updates, newsletters, or other communications.
- Protect the security and integrity of the Service: We may use your information to protect the security and integrity of the Service and to prevent or detect fraudulent or illegal activity.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your information as follows:
- With third parties: We may share your information with third parties who provide services on our behalf, such as hosting and maintenance, analytics, and marketing. These third parties will be bound by confidentiality obligations and are only permitted to use your information in connection with the services they provide to us.
- In response to legal process: We may disclose your information in response to a request from law enforcement, a court order, or as otherwise required by law.
- With your consent: We may share your information with your consent, such as when you agree to let us share your information with a third party.
You have the following choices regarding the information we collect and how we use it:
- Opting out of communications: You may opt out of receiving newsletters or other communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions included in the communication. You may be required to receive some emails from us or third parties we contract with for a paid membership or subscription.
- Adjusting your privacy settings: Some of the Service may allow you to adjust your privacy settings to control the collection, use, and sharing of your information.
- Accessing and updating your information: You may be able to access and update your account information or certain personal information that you have provided to us through the Service.
- Deleting your account: If you would like to delete your account and can’t find how to do it within the platform you’re using please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to assist you. Please note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
The Service is not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under 13, we will take steps to delete such information as soon as possible.
Links to Other Websites
The Service may contain links to other websites that are not operated by us. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of those websites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave the Service and to read the privacy policies of each website that you visit.
Last Updated: 1/8/23